International Development Research Centre (IDRC)
At IDRC, we value diversity and strive to build a workforce reflective of Canadian society by promoting employment equity. If you are an Aboriginal person, a member of a visible minority group, a person with a disability, or a woman, we especially encourage you to apply and self-identity. To help us become more inclusive, please identify “Equitek” in your application when asked how you found out about any of our career opportunities.IDRC_EP_Eng_2019
When applying for a job online:
- Fill out all fields within the application process. When asked how you found out about this position, be sure to indicate “Equitek” as the source.
- Our client welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Thoroughly read the job description to ensure you are qualified for the job before applying. For best responses, make sure your content and experience match up accordingly. Identify key words and tailor your resume indicating how your accomplishments address the job requirements.
- Use basic, simple formatting for a computer reader, getting rid of graphics and special characters and using web-based fonts like Arial, Georgia or Tahoma.
- Make sure responses are on target and error free. Review all the information you imported before submitting. With digital applications, error-laden content lives on…potentially hurting your chances in the future.