City of Kingston
- October 28, 2020
Kingston’s vision of being a smart, livable 21st century city is fast becoming reality. History and innovation thrive in our dynamic city located along the beautiful shores of Lake Ontario, an easy drive from Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal, in the heart of eastern Ontario. With a stable and diversified economy that includes global corporations, innovative startups and all levels of government, Kingston’s high quality of life offers access to world-class education and research institutions, advanced healthcare facilities, affordable living and vibrant entertainment and tourism activities.
Registered Nurse (Up to 18 Months)
Location: Kingston, ON
Department: Residential Long Term Care
- Provide professional nursing care to residents and supervise care given by health care staff while ensuring quality resident-centred health care is provided with a focus on health and safety;
- Completion of in-depth assessments of resident’s physical, psycho-social and other needs, determining individualized care needs, developing care plans and implementing and evaluating plans in collaboration with other interdisciplinary team members;
- Assign, supervise and mentor the activities of the team to ensure the proper application of skills, knowledge and judgment;
- Provide coaching and corrective instruction as deemed appropriate to meet high standards of care, reporting any concerns to Director of Nursing for further action as required;
- Focus on decision making, analysis, critical thinking and leadership within the team;
- Assume direction of the Home during evening, night and weekend shifts.